Sunday, April 27, 2008

Where I run


This is where I run twice a week, clocking my 10kms. It is only this year I shifted to this stadium , as I felt having other runners within my vicinity gives the extra motivation to put in incremental mileage or improvement on times. Besides, with the unpredictable late afternoon tropical storms , the stadium provides good temporary shelters.
There are all sorts of runners on the running tracks , young and old , all shapes and body conditions .. some serious runners preparing for a high school competition and yet others getting themselves ready for inter association meet. I know there is also a team of regular runners practising their baton change for their 100m relays .. and a couple of half-marathoners going through their routines.
As for me, I have always enjoy running side by side the better runners , usually the medal prospects in the local road races. It is interesting to gauge our body conditions and to see how we pace ourselves against them. At the end of each run , not only did I burn the extra 500 calories , I think I have achieved a good vigorous cardiovascular exercise.

No comments: